Monday 2 July 2007

No TV - Watch DVDS


I'm known as one not to miss an opportunity to watch a good film. Just imagine how hard the last six months have been without any television, French or English.
Many would argue I've missed nothing on TV, but when it comes to the cinema, boy am I behind.

This week I watched Jean de Florette followed by Manon de Sources. Both were excellent and have been out on DVD for years, but they were new to me.

Above is the punch-line, so do not watch it if you have not seen the films. Its is a proper spoiler.





To round off my week of French culture I watched C.R.A.Z.Y. Beautifully shot with a good soundtrack. The script and the acting really shone through and I thought I'd share the trailer with you.
Above, is a YouTube video of the lead, singing along to David Bowies Space Oddity.

Catch it if you can.

No comments: